How to apply
- Register an account.
- Start your entry (save it in-progress).
- Submit your entry to be in the running.
Best of luck!
For any questions, please contact Luke Adeniran or 020 3004 5713START YOUR ENTRY
The global programme sector is considered the "Champions League" of the insurance market, with very high barriers to entry for brokers and carriers. It is a complex space to operate in, with a significant number of stakeholders in the value chain. However, for those that do break into the market, this is a fast-growing and rewarding field of insurance.
This new award for 2024 will recognise a new entrant who has launched their multinational proposition within the last 3 years and can demonstrate outstanding results within the last 12-18 months against business plan and other KPIs. This is a business forging its reputation in the multinational insurance sector and is one to watch for the future.
- This award is open to broker or carrier teams who are in the first 3 years of organising global programmes from either the UK, Europe or North America.
- Entries must demonstrate evidence from the last 12-18 months, up to the awards entry deadline.
- Who is being recognised in the submission - please detail the people and their roles.
- What was the business case, investment period and expectations for building a multinational proposition.
- Detail any further information business information from the last 12-18 months that provides useful context for judges in understanding the drivers for building this new line of business.
- How has the team risen to the challenges faced when building this new business, in what ways have they delivered an outstanding performance.
- What has this team done exceptionally well to determine the results.
- In what ways is the multinational proposition an example of excellence and a benchmark for the sector.
- Examples of how the team has shown creativity and agility to find solutions to complex challenges.
- Detail any examples that demonstrate how the team have embraced innovation to enhance the multinational propositon – from solutions design through to client servicing.
- Share any details of what makes your multinational offering stand out from the competition.
- How has the team demonstrated an exceptional commitment to meeting client needs – putting the customer at the heart of everything it does.
- How have customers been involved in developing the multinational proposition, if applicable.
- Illustrate how the team strengthened good outcomes and/or improved the experience for customers.
- How did this team perform against the initial expectations as set out in the Ambition section – please share any business performance data that can show the key achievements of the last 12-18 months.
- Please share any relevant senior stakeholder or client testimonials that support the entry.
- Why does the business/team deserve to be recognised for this award.